Saturday, July 7, 2018

Black Panther Vans

A few weeks back, I posted about the new Marvel Vans collection that was recently released. I loved so many pairs but narrowed it down to one that I decided was a must-have. They've now arrived and I wanted to show them off and review them.

Every collection Vans releases always has the most amazing packaging! I love the comic strip box my shoes came in:


Hopefully you can see in the picture below (you can click to make it bigger) that even the paper inside the box was Marvel! No part of the packaging is spared from themed detail:


My pick was the Black Panther Hi-Tops. I chose them because I loved the Black Panther movie, I think these shoes were designed really well, I wanted another pair of hi-tops, and Black Panther merch isn't something you see all that often.


As you can see, the shoes are almost entirely black, but the different materials give some tone to the color.


The top three shoelace holes on both sides of the shoe are gold and styled after the neckline of Black Panther's suit. You can see from the above picture that the shoes are black suede, with more of a leather look down the side that looks exactly like the material of Black Panther's suit.

This side view gives a closer look at the suit type material on the shoe. Even the Vans signature stripe down the side is patterned and reminds me of the Dora Milaje. You can see that the rubber all around the shoe's sole is also patterned in Wakanda style.

I am thrilled with my purchase and absolutely in love with these shoes! The design is stunning and I was impressed that despite all the detail and licensing, these shoes cost just $10.00 more than the same style of regular Vans. Well worth the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment