Monday, June 1, 2015

Days of Disney Past - DINOSAUR

Last week marked the 15th Anniversary of Disney's animated feature Dinosaur. The Disney Parks Blog posted a short article remembering the days of Disney past, when Dinosaur first opened at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

In 1998 the attraction now known as Dinosaur first opened as Countdown to Extinction:


I remember experiencing this attraction in 1998 before its grand opening to the public, at a Disney Vacation Club member soft opening. Here's a picture of the ride under construction:


After the release of Dinosaur, the ride was re-themed to include Aladar the iguanadon:


This ride still scares me every time, but I love it! I enjoyed taking a look at the past to remember how I first experienced Countdown to Extinction. (All photo credit to the Disney Parks Blog). 

No comments:

Post a Comment