Sunday, April 7, 2019

Captain Marvel Clothing

I posted previously when Her Universe released a Captain Marvel clothing collection at Hot Topic and Box Lunch. I fell in love with it and picked up several pieces for myself. Here they are:


Here I'm wearing the Captain Marvel jacket from Box Lunch over the Captain Marvel pocket tank, also from Box Lunch. I bought both using my Lunch Money which got me an awesome deal! (The aviators are from Fossil).


Here's a look at the Pocket Tank without the jacket. I got a size small in both and the tank is a little over-sized but I still feel like it was a good, comfortable fit. The jacket fits perfectly and I rolled up the sleeves. I wore both to see Captain Marvel opening weekend.


The lighting in this picture is terrible, but here's a look at the stitching on the back of the Captain Marvel jacket. The bad lighting makes it look gray but it's still the olive color you see in the first picture. The stitching is so subtle yet totally Captain Marvel, and I love the vintage style to match the decade of the movie.


This photo is the Captain Marvel Aviator Jacket from Hot Topic. The sizing on this was a little strange. I'm usually a small so that's the size I started with, but I felt like the arms were disproportionate to the rest of the jacket. They felt too tight and when I zipped the jacket up, it felt like it was choking me around the neck. So I exchanged for a medium which fits comfortably both zipped and unzipped, and the arms feel better. But I think it looks a little too big unzipped. Oh well. I still love it so I'm keeping it!


Here's a look at the t-shirt without the jacket. This is the Captain Marvel Cosplay shirt from Hot Topic. I got a medium in this shirt because I find Her Universe tees usually run small as they're listed in junior sizes. The medium is a comfortable fit but again felt a little over-sized (very unusual for Her Universe) and is longer in length than I thought. Again, it's comfortable so I decided to keep it instead of exchange for a small.

I bought both the Hot Topic items with Hot Cash and they also had 25% off Captain Marvel the day I purchased in store - an incredible deal! Not only did I get great prices on all of these items, but I'm so glad I snagged everything when I did because now it's all showing sold out in my size. I'm thinking about wearing one of these outfits to see Avengers: End Game. I have a feeling Carol Danvers will be the hero of that movie.

1 comment:

  1. Nice finds! They look great and good job on the discounts!

    ReplyDelete