Sunday, January 15, 2017

My Rey Cosplay for Comic Con

Last weekend I was in New Orleans for Wizard World Comic Con. I decided to cosplay as Rey from The Force Awakens. Since I was flying to Comic Con for the weekend, I only had a carry-on bag and had to be careful when choosing my costume that I would be able to bring everything that I needed with me. Therefore, I decided to take more of a cosplay approach over a screen accurate costume. I wanted to share a little of how my cosplay came together. 


There were a few things I was able to use that I already owned, like the khaki pants I'm wearing (Old Navy) and my brown boots (Volcom). I then bought a cream tank top (Walmart), a Rey inspired cardigan by Her Universe (available at Hot Topic), a headband of Rey's goggles also by Her Universe (available at Hot Topic), and finally a 12" BB-8 plush (Disney Store) to complete the look. 


I was really pleased with how my outfit came together! I saw probably two or three other girls dressed as Rey, and they were more screen accurate, but I was unique in my approach and happy with how I looked. The weather turned cold so I was glad not to be wearing capri length pants and to be wearing boots. Since I was flying, I couldn't bring a staff so I added BB-8 as my prop instead which no one else had done. I stood out with my prop being different and also having Rey's goggles. I had lots of people recognize me and compliment me on my outfit. I got the most comments on BB-8!

I had a blast at Comic Con and had a ton of fun cosplaying as Rey. While technically not a comic character, I was especially glad to have chosen Rey after the passing of Carrie Fisher. I hope this helps inspire your Comic Con fashion and gives you ideas on how to dress without needing to go all out or spend a ton of money.

2 comments:

  1. You looked great! I'm really glad you got compliments, and BB-8 was a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great! Glad you brought the big BB8?

    ReplyDelete