Saturday, February 10, 2018

My Mickey Mouse Memories January Purchases

I posted recently about the new Mickey Mouse Memories Collection that will feature a new Mickey plush, mug and pin set each month throughout 2018. I completely fell in love with January's release, which was inspired by Steamboat Willie, and headed to the Disney Store to pick up the Mickey plush and mug. 


Mickey is made of a faux leather material with shiny silver shorts and shoes. He has prints of the Steamboat Willie logo in black across his body (excluding his face) and also on his shorts. I would like to have seen "pie eyes" on Mickey, but I am still in love with this plush! He is about the size of my Duffy Bear.


One thing that I absolutely love about this plush is the Walt Disney quote stitched on Mickey's right foot, "I only hope that we never lose sigh of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney.


What I did not realize about the mugs in the Mickey Mouse Memories Collection is that they stack! I'm not sure yet if I'll buy more than this one but that's good to know if I do because they will display beautifully.


The mug has a very similar design to the Mickey plush. The mug features Mickey's shorts and is a matte black color with the shorts in silver and buttons in white. Across the black section of the mug are prints (also in black) of the Steamboat Willie logo just like on the plush.


On the inside of the mug is the same Walt Disney quote that plush Mickey has on his foot. I really love the addition of the quote although I think the font is very plain and could have been made more creatively. It reminds me of mugs you can make yourself online.

I went to my local Disney Store the day after the collection was released (pretty soon after the mall opened I might add) and found that they had already sold out of the mug. I was able to order the mug online while I was in store and have it shipped to my house for free. I noticed shortly after that the Mickey Mouse plush had sold out online. I would advise therefore, since this collection is limited edition, that you make your purchase as soon as you can whether that be online or in store. These items are likely to sell out fast.

I absolutely adore January's collection because I love the classics, especially Steamboat Willie. I love the colors, theme and overall nostalgic feel of this classic collection. I look forward to seeing future releases! February's collection will be released on the 17th.

1 comment: