Sunday, June 10, 2018

Mickey Mouse Memories May Collection Mug


After sharing February's Mickey Mouse Collection mug, I was not as excited about the next two releases in March and April. I liked April's mug because I'm a reservist in the Air Force so I took an interest in the retro aviation theme of that mug. But I didn't love it enough to buy it. It's definitely not my favorite so far and there will be 12 of these and I can't have them all! April's I didn't like at all but when May rolled around I was in love with another mug again!

May's mug is inspired by retro themes of the 1950's and let me tell you - I am all about the 50's! I love the clothing styles from that era, the music, and the decor. The second I saw this mug I wanted it! It gives me 50's Prime Time Cafe vibes from Hollywood Studios and I just love that! The design is perfect for the theme and I love the colors too!


I wanted the plush this month also for the same reasons, and after February's debacle, I figured getting to the store 30 minutes before opening would secure me a Mickey Mouse Memories plush. Once again I was wrong. I don't know what it was about May but it seemed like the craziest month yet for people trying to get there hands on Mickey Mouse Memories items.

By the time I woke up at 7am EST the plush was sold out online but I still had hope that I could get one in store. I thought about staying up late to buy online but I really like to support my local Disney Store whenever possible so that's what I chose to do. Turns out my local store got less of a shipment than they usually do, starting out with 25 plush, they were down to 10 in May with no explanation or advance notice. I was 12th in line and therefore missed out. What really made it hard to let go was 1) the Cast Members did not seem apologetic about the situation, simply yelling "I sold the last one" after the 10th customer and telling customers to try online (it was sold out, they should have checked before advising people of that) or to try a store in a city 4 hours away from our location, how unrealistic. And 2) the 10th person in line was bragging about how "ugly" and "stupid" he thought the plush was but he didn't care because he was going to turn around and sell it for over $100 on eBay. I know the CMs can't really do anything about that but it pissed me off to hear him bragging about it like that in front of a line of people who missed out.

Hopefully the rest of the Mickey Mouse Memories Collection will not appeal to me so that I can stop getting disappointed over missing out on these items ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment