Saturday, December 13, 2014

My First Dooney & Bourke!

I posted recently about the offer on Disney Dooney & Bourke products at The Disney Store Online. I had had my eye on a couple of purses for a while but they're not exactly cheap. There had also been an offer a little while before for up to 25% off your Disney Parks purchase.

I decided I would use that opportunity to get myself a Dooney and had put some money aside. Well, I didn't realize until I tried to buy one that the offer excluded Dooney and Bourke products :( the good news was, when the Dooney offer was released shortly after I already had the money ready! Even better, I could combine that offer with my Disney Visa Rewards discount! (I think that was an oversight on Disney's part, so let's keep that a secret!)

Since my discount then totaled 20% and I received free shipping because my purchase was over $75, I decided to be indulgent and I bought two purses! (Before you assume I'm made of money, they were both small crossbody bags that ended up costing much less than one full size Dooney purse). Besides, how often do you see discount on Disney Dooneys? I didn't own any Dooney and Bourke purses before then, Disney or non-Disney. I am so thrilled to finally own some! Here are my new beauties:


This is the Mickey and Minnie Mouse Downtown Crossbody. It's so cute! The purse is white, the leather is a light beige/brown and the design is pink and black. The same design is also available in black and red.

Pattern on one side 
 
My other purse is the Walt Disney World Retro Mini Barrel bag. I have wanted this design for such a long time. Originally I thought I wanted the Letter Carrier because I love that style, but then I realized I'm starting to form a collection of the same style of purse. I then considered the Satchel, but decided against it because it was a lot more expensive, but also I use smaller purses like crossbodys, way more than I use full size purses. The barrel bag is perfect because it's just the right size, and it's a different shape to the crossbody purses I already have.

Pattern on the other side

I'm really pleased with the design I got too! Having Fantasyland wouldn't have been my first choice but I don't dislike it. I love that I have Liberty Square, the Liberty Belle Riverboat, the Haunted Mansion, Cinderella's Castle, Space Mountain, the Partners statue, a little of the Sorcerer Mickey hat and the Main Street Station, Spaceship Earth, and the Walt Disney World retro logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment