Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Haunted Mansion Sweater


Recently I purchased this Haunted Mansion flocked sweater just before it sold out online! I'm so happy that I got it just in time! I won't be back in Walt Disney World until October 2015. I'm also glad guests took the time to write reviews for this item because from reading them I learned that the sizing runs big. Usually I find Disney's sizes run small if not true to size. Thankfully because of the reviews, I got an XS in this sweater. The small would definitely have been too big and ordering a medium would've been huge. (Thanks y'all!)

Since it's now sold out online, I can't write my review up on The DisneyStore.com so I'll write a short review here :) it's true that this sweater does run true to size. I am rarely an XS, I'm usually a small in Disney tops and sometimes I take a medium in Disney t-shirts. The XS is the perfect size. The sweater is super comfy, pretty thick and also warm. The neck is a little wider than I thought, but it's not a big deal. I have short hair so I wore a white scarf with the sweater to keep my neck warm.

 A close up of the design

I like that the Haunted Mansion touches are subtle enough that you could wear this top for an occasion and non-Disney fans wouldn't realize. But at the same time, the Haunted Mansion design is clear enough that my Disney veteran parents took one look at my shirt and recognized the attraction.

Above is a close up of the repeating pattern on the shirt. It starts with the gargoyle holding candles from the stretching room, underneath is Madame Leota in her crystal ball from the seance scene, with one of the two heads that move to follow you during the Library seen above and below her. Surrounding that is a flower pattern that reminds me of the flowers on top of the coffin that a ghoul is trying to break out of. There's also ravens on either side of the gargoyle underneath his elbows.

The level of detail is fantastic and it's also a very pretty, comfy and warm sweater. I just love it! Although it's not currently available online, you can purchase this sweater at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment