Saturday, August 19, 2017

YesterEars June Collection Review

Back in May I posted a review of my first YesterEars tee purchase. I then posted about two new YesterEars offerings in June that I just couldn't live without! They have now arrived and I wanted to write another review on items I own from this collection.

The first item I bought from the June collection was a Typhoon Lagoon t-shirt. I said when I got the Blizzard Beach t-shirt that I really hoped a Typhoon Lagoon t-shirt would be released too - and my wish was granted! I didn't hesitate before purchasing and I'm so glad I got it!

These are advertised as either men's or unisex shirts, so again I ordered a size small like I did with my Blizzard Beach tee. Small is the smallest size available, no XS is offered. It fits pretty much the same as my Blizzard Beach tee, but I think the sleeves may be slightly longer, it's hard to tell for sure. The t-shirt is Hanes brand just like my first tee, but the style is different. My Blizzard Beach tee is a Nano T and the Typhoon Lagoon tee is a "Beefy-T". The Nano T is softer than the Beefy-T but both are extremely comfortable. The Beefy-T is also a little bit thicker. I absolutely adore the color of my Typhoon Lagoon shirt, it's so perfect!


The second item I bought was the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater baseball raglan. To be honest I've wanted a baseball style shirt for a while, and I've had my eye on the Nightmare Before Christmas/Haunted Mansion mashup tee at the Disney Parks. I liked the style and I don't own any shirts in that style so it made for something new in my wardrobe. I think this tee is incredibly well designed, it screams retro which I'm so into, and the colors have a fun Halloween feel which I think is appropriate. Also, I LOVE Sci-Fi! I know a lot of people hate on it but I can't say enough good things about it. But I'm not getting into that debate right now.

There's no brand name on the inside of this one, it just says Disney Parks. I ordered a small which was the perfect size. This tee does fit a little weird in places and I can't tell if that's because it's a men's shirt or it's just a weird style. The neckline is very high and tight, reminiscent of the rash guard I wear when I swim. It feels a little strange but I think I'll get used to it. I still love this shirt and it doesn't look so awful that I don't want to keep the shirt.

My only other complaint with this style of tee is that the shirt is not hemmed at the bottom. I feel like this is a trend right now because I'm seeing it a lot and I do have one or two other tees that aren't hemmed. However, with this shirt it seems to roll and curl a lot as a result. Again this isn't such a big deal that I don't want the shirt anymore, but I do wish it was hemmed. This wasn't a $10 tee so I feel like it wouldn't have been an issue to hem it. Since it's a little long on me, I just tuck it under to stop it rolling. I think this style actually fits women better than men. It's more fitted with less room than the two t-shirts I have. I think the neckline would be way too tight for a man. The only way in which this shirt shows it's designed for men is the length.


Overall I really love this tee and I'm glad I bought it. The best part is when you buy two items from the YesterEars collection, the second item is 40% off. That discount makes me feel a lot better about buying two items and helps me ignore the couple of minor issues I have with the Sci-Fi tee. I wish the collection overall had women's cuts too, this has happened only once so far. YesterEars clothing is all made to order so I don't see why they don't have women's cuts available too, I don't see how that would cost them any more when the shirts are made to order.

On that note, with them being made to order, they have a disclaimer saying delivery will take 3-5 weeks. These shirts took a lot longer to be delivered than my Blizzard Beach tee, shipping in the 5th week after I order them and arriving one day shy of being exactly 5 weeks after the day I ordered. It's not a huge problem, in fact it can be a nice surprise when a month and a half later you get a package you forgot about. But if you're wanting to order something for an upcoming Disney trip or a birthday gift, it might not arrive on time. In the same vein, you can't read accurate reviews before you purchase (one of the reasons I'm reviewing here) because anyone who leaves a review does not have the item in hand. The shirts are only available to order for about 10 days and won't arrive during that time frame for someone to write a review. The made to order nature of these items also means they are non-refundable.

I am really pleased with my purchases and I hope my review will help anyone who intends to order a YesterEars item in the future, especially women wanting to order from the collection.

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of Typhoon Lagoon! Good review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete